How does my vehicle's ABS system work?
Whether you drive a Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, or Dodge, Your car's anti lock brake system (ABS) is a safety system that prevents your vehicle's wheels from locking up when you brake. With your anti-lock brake system, you can maintain some steering ability and avoid skidding while braking. The anti-lock brake system modifies the brake fluid pressure to bring the speed of the wheel back to the minimum slip level that is mandatory for optimal braking performance. The system has four major components:
- Valves: There is a valve in each brake line that is controlled by the anti-lock brake system. In the first position, the brake valve is open, allowing the pressure from the master cylinder to be transferred to the brakes. In the second position, the brake valve remains closed and pressure from the master cylinder to the brakes is constrained. In the third position, the valve releases some of the pressure on the brakes. The third position is used as your car comes to a halt.
- Electric Control Unit: The computerized ECU receives signals from the sensors in the circuit and controls the brake pressure.
- Hydraulic Control Unit: By increasing hydraulic pressure, the computerized hydraulic control unit applies or releases the brakes under the anti-lock conditions, depending on the signals given from the ECU.
- Speed Sensors: These sensors, also known as wheel speed sensors or wheel sensors, monitor the speed of each wheel and determine how the wheels should accelerate or decelerate when you brake. If your vehicle needs a speed sensor replacement, come to Auto Europa Naples in Collier.
The anti-lock brake system monitors the speed of each wheel and keeps them turning at the same speed by applying the appropriate amount of pressure to individual wheels. Having a functioning anti-lock brake system helps you maintain control and decreases the chance of your vehicle skidding.
How do I know if my vehicle needs an ABS wheel sensor replacement?
If there is an issue with your vehicle's anti lock braking system, it is unlikely that we will have to replace the ABS entirely. Rather, one of the components of the ABS probably needs to be repaired or replaced. Here are some signs that your vehicle needs an ABS wheel sensor replacement:
- Your vehicle's ABS light turns and stays on: This dashboard warning light may flash momentarily when you turn your vehicle on, but if it stays on it is a sure sign that something is wrong with your vehicle's anti lock braking system. If your car does not have an ABS light, your Check Engine light will turn on.
- The stability and/or traction control systems are disabled: These systems rely on data from the anti lock braking system to run, so if your ABS wheel sensor has failed, these systems may stop working. The stability and/or traction control systems are responsible for hill-start assist, stability control, and more, so it is imperative that they work. If you suspect something is wrong with these systems, give Auto Europa Naples a call at 239-649-7300 .
- It takes longer for your vehicle to come to a full stop: Because your ABS wheel sensor works with the rest of the anti lock brake system to bring your vehicle to a quick and complete stop, the system will not work properly if one of its parts has failed. This could mean it takes a longer distance for your vehicle to stop completely.
- Your vehicle does not feel stable while braking: If your ABS wheel sensor is not working, it will not designate the right amount of brake pressure for your vehicle to brake correctly, which can be dangerous if not attended to immediately. We at Auto Europa Naples in Naples can help.
Your Trusted Shop for ABS Wheel Sensor Replacement
We at Auto Europa Naples in Naples, FL, 34104 have been fixing cars since 2009 and our team of Expert technicians each have decades of experience and are experts in all things auto repair. In addition to ABS wheel sensor replacement, we also perform car repairs such as Maintenance & Electrical Diagnostic, Automotive repair, and more. Reasons You Should Do Business Wtih Us:
- Transparency-Our Digital Inspections allow you to be with us every step of the way
- Honesty-We Pride Ourselves on our Honesty
- Integrity-Auto Europa Naples operates on with the Highest Level of Integrity
- We are Experts
- All of our Technicians are ASE Certified
We have a review score of 100 based on reviews from 845 satisfied customers.
If you are in Naples, FL, Bonita Springs, FL, Marco Island, FL, Orangetree, FL, Golden Gate, FL or surrounding areas, feel free to schedule an appointment with Auto Europa Naples today! You can give us a call at 239-649-7300 or schedule an appointment with us online. Auto Europa Naples - EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE AT AUTO EUROPA’S SERVICE CENTER.